For 24 cupcakes Captains Chocolate Oat Raisin Brownie
|US / CAN||UK||Ingredients|
|2 cups||300 grams||All-purpose flour|
|1 nut||1 nut||Fine grated Nutmeg|
|3 table spoons||3 teaspoons||Ground cinnamon (fresh Sri Lankan if possible)|
|1 cup||200ml||Milk (only enough to make a runny mix)|
|1 cup||150 grams||Soft brown sugar|
|3 cups||300 grams||Grated coconut|
|1/2 cup||65 grams||Raisins or sultanas|
FOR THE FROST TOPPINGS
|8 ounces||225 grams||Cream cheese, at room temperature|
|1 1/4 cups||140 grams||Powdered / icing sugar|
|1/3 cup||80 ml||Whipping cream|
NOW TO START
Climb a coconut tree to get the coconuts, or get a local villager to climb for you – or buy fresh grated (scraped) coconut from the village store
MAKE BATTER MIX
- Pre heat the oven to 170°C 330°F
- Prepare 2 cup cake trays with paper or silicone liners
- grease and dust with flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a bowl, mix flour, and the dry ingredients until well blended.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, until all the mix is combined.
- Add only enough milk to make a runny batter
- Divide the batter mix between the prepared liners or cake pans.
Bake until the tops are springy when touched and when a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean –
- about 18- 20 minutes for cup cakes
- about 25 to 30 minutes for a big cake
Cool cakes in pans for 5 minutes then turn out onto cooling racks and cool completely.
If you are going to freeze – do it as soon as possible – like within 10 minutes!
- Beat / whisk the cream cheese until creamy – about 1 minute.
- Add and beat / whisk the powdered sugar, a 1/4 cup at a time until fluffy.
- Add beat / whisk in cream to the frosting mix – about 1 minute.
- Chill until ready to frost cake.
When the cake layers are completely cool, frost the top of one cake layer, place the other cake layer on top.
Decoratively swirl the top of the cake with remaining frosting, leaving the sides unfrosted. Decorate with pecan or wall nuts if you wish
To be fancy you could decorate with mandarin oranges to give a dolphin leaping effect!